Thursday, September 1, 2016
Confession Time
Well my biggest habit was playing video games, I used to play them for hours on end. It was pretty hard kicking it but I have definitely limited my time with playing them. My first step that I did was that I made my self go to sleep early, so I wouldn't stay up all night trying and wondering on if I wanted to play them or not. Next I would sometimes tell myself that hey you know I'm in high school I've got way more important things to worry about like baseball, homework, and my girlfriend. The third step I did was to limit my game play I usual played for like 4-5 hours at a time which is pretty scary to think about but I limited myself to 2-3 hours by putting an alarm on my Xbox. The alarm would come on at say 4 o'clock and would be able to play my games for like 3 hours cause the alarm would permanently shut the console off for however long I put it on. That step honestly probably helped me the best. Another step that I did was to tell my mom to take the power cord and hide it when she went to bed so that I could actually do my homework and study. Because I would stay up so late and when Id get to school Id fall asleep and get in trouble. I also saw how much weight I had gained so I started working out which helped me get away from my Xbox, Id also go outside and play with my friends, ride bikes, skateboard, and swim. The final step that I took was to hide my favorite games from myself. I took my favorite games like Gears Of War, Call Of Duty, Halo, Battlefield 4 and I would just put them in the case and when id walk around my house id just leave them somewhere. I remember id leave Gears Of War in the kitchen near the bread and leave Halo near the fruit, and my mom would always wonder why my games where all around the place it was pretty funny but that's how I broke my habit. It was very hard but I did and now I've limited myself to barley playing my games even though I still buy video games on occasion I now only play like maybe 2 hours at the most now because I spend most of my time in homework and my girlfriend but Id never change that, because getting my education, being with my family, and girlfriend come first.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment